THE PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
The official term of “personal information’’ is defined within the applicable Privacy Act. In general, the termpersonal information is any information or opinion that can be used to identify you. Information may include your name, contact number, email address, postal and/or residential address or occupation. At any stage, should we collect information that personally identifies you or allows you to be reasonably identified, the information will be consider as personal information.
The personal information that we collect and hold may include your name, age or birth date, gender, contact phone numbers, email address, mailing/street address, employment, property details, proof of identity such as photo identification items, payment details and any additional information relating to you that you provide directly to us. During our services, we may collection additional personal information from you.
Personal information may be collected through the following ways:
- By direct contact to our agency (in person, telephone, sms, email, letter or fax) or attending our property inspection/s
- Your access of our websites and our online presence such as social media platforms
- From your subscription to your website updates, publications or newsletters
- Through our representatives
- Requesting information or material from us
- By contracting with us
- By completing customer surveys, providing feedback or submitting a complaint
- Application to our agency as a supplier, contractor or employee
At times, we may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- Your appointed representatives (i.e. lawyer, secretary, accountant, advisers, employer)
- Your nominated references when during sales or applying to lease
- Credit providers, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- From parties that provide market leads directly to us
- Publicly available sources of information and data sources
- Other organisations where you have given consent such as agents, brokers or contractors
We may ask you to provide personal information to complete a series of services, functions and business activity.
We only collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the requested products or services
- To provide you with information regarding products and services; new or existing
- To answer enquires and send you communications requested by you
- If required, the verification of your identity
- If required by law, under legislation, rules, decision or direction of a regulator, in co-operation with governmental authority.
- For compliance purposes, including keeping your contact details up to date
- Responding to complaints submitted by you
- To implement and conduct business processes, functions and activities including providing the required personal information to our related bodies, contractors, information technology staff, service providers or third parties.
- To provide our product and services such as promoting, marketing and planning (for vendors and landlords), facilitate transactions relating to real estate services, quality control, survey/research purposes, technology system trouble-shooting and maintenance, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers.
- To distribute our newsletter and other written communications such as information about us, training, property listings and events with assistance from third party service providers
- To assess and monitor our website performance allowing for operation improvements
- For any other matters reasonably necessary to facilitate the primary purpose and to continue to provide our products and services.
In the event we are unable to collect your personal information, the following may occur:
- We may be restricted in providing you the requested products or services; either to a limited standard or at all.
- We may be unable to provide you with the request information regarding products and services
- We may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you; either to the same standard or at all
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following:
- Our employees, contractors, suppliers and other third parties for business related purposes (real estate services, marketing).
- Your authorised and approved representatives or organisation
- For website operations, including web hosting providers, data entry providers, system administrators, payment processors, network system operators and IT support administrators.
- To the applicable parties during a real estate transaction including landlords, vendors, purchases, tenants, solicitors, accountants, business advisors, utility providers, developers, real estate agents, lenders and financial institutions, debt collectors, guarantors, insurers and valuers
- Applicable regulatory bodies, relevant government agencies and law enforcement bodies.
- In the event you’re an employee, at times personal information will be provided for travel arrangements, conferences and the applicable government bodies.
- Additional third parties include mailing/courier services, print service providers, HR providers for payroll and superannuation
If you access our Website, we may utilities “cookies” which sends a small summary file containing a unique ID number to your computer. This enables us to recognise your computer, monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. This allows us to collaborate data from our users’ habits, allowing us to review and implement improved products and services. A cookie is to identify your computer, it does not identify you personally.
The data collected may include your IP address, the browser in use, details of the pages accessed on our website and a short tracking period of your website activity. As the user, you can set your browser to either notify you when you receive a cookie (allowing you to either accept or reject) or set your browser not to accept them.
At times, we may send you direct marketing communications that we consider may be of interest to you. Marketing communications will be in various formats and will include information about our product and services, our property listings and other material. You may also notify us of your preference for method of communication. In addition, you can opt-out of receiving these marketing communications by contacting us via any of the below listed channels.
Please note, in the event you do opt-out and stop receiving all marketing communications, we may need to contact you for other reasonable purposes such as a legal requirement or notification of important changes to our products, services and policies.
ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should you like access to your personal information, or wish to update, correct or delete your personal information, please contact us in writing by following the below channels.
We will do our best to provide you with the suitable means of accessing the requested information (mail or email) within 21 working days of receipt of the written request that includes verification of your identity. We may charge a fee to cover any incurred costs in providing you the information such as administrative fees or searches; payable per request. At no stage will a charge be applicable for any corrections to your personal information.
In exceptional circumstances, we may not grant you access to personal information that we hold. If this is the case, we will provide you the applicable reasons for the refusal. We will also review any amendment request for correcting or deleting your personal information.
We take all complaints very seriously. Should you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us in writing via the below channels. We request that you provide all applicable details of the incident, allowing us to investigate and resolve the issue quickly. Should you find the resolution unsatisfactory, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
To complete some of our services listed about, we may disclose personal information to third party suppliers who are located within Australia or overseas, or have servers located overseas.
Some of the third parties that are located outside of Australia, include the following:
- IT service providers; located in various countries
- Data and storage hosts; located in various countries
- Other third parties; located in various countries
Any disclosure of your personal information made in an overseas country may not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles.
SECURITY AND OTHER INFORMATION
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. Your personal information is stored electronically, on our server and database, plus as a hard copy stored in our secured office.
A range of procedures (technical, physical measures) are implemented for the safekeeping of your personal information against unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse and loss.
Our website, social media platforms and other web-based communications are all linked to the internet. With the internet being inherently insecure, we are unable to provide you any assurance with relation to the security of online transmission of personal information you communicate to us. No guarantee can be provided to you that your supply of personal information (via the internet), will not be intercepted when transmitted. Any online transmitted information, whether personal or other, is at your own risk.
Our publications and media such as our website, property listings and social media may contain links to other websites. These websites are operated by a third party and we cannot represent or warrant any privacy practices or content for the third-party website. Any third-party website has the responsibility of informing you about their privacy practices
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Our Privacy Officer Drew Camm, can be contacted via:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0432 055 250
Send through your enquiry below and we will be in contact shortly. We look forward to hearing from you!